Sunday, 5 August 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

So it was one of my oldest (as in length of time we've known each other) friends birthday last Sunday and as I'm seeing her tomorrow ( :D ) I had to some last minute touch ups to her birthday present because she's 19! It's so weird that we're 19, we've known each other since we were 8! So for her birthday I made her a tag book of quotes that I've been putting together with my mum. We started it at a class we went to a little while ago and it was great because I got to play (tee hee such a child!) with stuff we don't have at home! So here's a little run down of some of the techniques we've used in the book.

The messiest but probably one of the most fun things I've done was using the Cosmic Shimmer Mists which produce a lovely background effect like this, I highly recommend using them but they are quite messy:

We also got to emboss some of the tags using Grand Calibur machine which produced an effect like this though some of mine might've ended up de-bossed where I put them through the wrong way :L but hey it still looks cool:

Then I did some stamping:

And finally combined the masks (which we also used for embossing) with the cosmic shimmer mists and produced this (and a variety of others too!):

Then my mum knocked up a few more, I hand wrote some quotes on stuck them all on a book ring and tah daa! But if you want to see the completed thing and the card I made then you gotta go check out the website or my mums blog over here!!

Happy Crafting
Niamh
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for following my blog, I'm following you back so I can see what you make. Your tag book is fantastic and a really great idea. I must try to make time to do something like this! Good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped over to see you from your Mum's blog where I saw the completed project. LOVE the idea and the quotes you've used. I bet your friend thinks her unique gift is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete